Monday, October 8, 2012

things to remember.


I tend to get so caught up in the day to day of parenting these sweet boys. The laundry is never ending, the dishes pile up, the timeouts seem endless some days. 


But today I just enjoyed it. I adore the beauty in the simple things, in the ebb and flow of life.

I love the way the light falls on Ryan's strawberry blonde hair. I love the way he tries to be like daddy by "doing homework on the computer". I love his giggle when I catch him in my bed cuddling with his blankets. I love the way he is in tune with the sights and sounds around him. I love the way he loves me.

I love the way he sucks on his tongue when he is tired, like his body subconsciously remembers the nursing latch from so long ago.



I love the way West admires his big brother. I love the way he chases after him and laughs at his silly faces and funny songs.

I love it when I overhear them talking to each other, when they don't know I'm listening and Ryan is totally rocking the brother role and "teaching" Weston things.


I love how he so desperately climbs up my legs and when I bend to scoop him up, he flies into my arms and buries his head in the crook of my neck. 


I love the way Weston lunges for my chest when he wants some nursing cuddles. And how he loves the same kind of "taggy" blanket his brother does. 

I love the sounds of laughter and squeals from the bathtub each night while they see who can catch the water from the faucet. 

I love the way they both try to crawl away from me when I put lotion on them but as soon as I rub their cute little legs the lay still and get sleepy. 


I love that the Lord made them brothers and that He made them my children. 



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...