Tuesday, September 4, 2012

first day of school

I can tell you all about the first day of school. I can tell you how the night before he said he was "widdy nerbus mom" and how we said a special prayer that he would be brave and excited. I can tell you how he didnt want to get out of bed that morning and yet somehow we arrived early. And how when I picked him up he was grinning from ear to ear.

 I will let the video show the rest.




When we got there he hung out by the door for a while until Miss Kim showed him his cubby with a yellow shark name tag, that won him over. Then he found some toys to play with while they waited for the other kids. I told him I was going to leave and he looked up and said "goodbye mama!" No tears, no screaming, no breath holding, no anxiety attack.... just goodbye mama. I let out a huge sigh of relief and skipped back to the car with a smile on my face. Not because I was ready to be rid of him for 2 hours but because I was SO gosh darn proud of how mature he seemed and how safe and happy he felt in that environment. I said a prayer of thanks on the way home.

I somehow cleaned my whole house while he was gone, went to the bank and still arrived 15 minutes early. It gave me some time to regroup in my car before the excitement of pick up.

I walked in and was greeted with the biggest smile you've ever seen, he was eager to show me his work book and picture he colored of me. He loved preschool and cant wait to go back!

He answered some questions on his about me page:

Name- Ryan
Age- 3
Favorite sport- basketball
Favorite color- yellow
Favorite movie- Toy Story
I like to collect- blocks
My dream vacation- to the beach   (so my kid)

At school he really liked dancing, counting fuzzy balls, snack time, and singing the gabba song (still trying to figure out what song he is talking about)

I let him choose where we ate lunch and of course he picked Red Robin. 2 kids by myself was madness but I loved every minute. I am so happy and so proud of my big boy!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...